Effective Date: March, 2015
2. NOTICE TO CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS – YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
Any request for a disclosure required under the Shine the Light law should be sent by mail to Casa Dragones Tequila Company, Attn.: Legal Department, One Stamford Plaza, 263 Tresser Blvd. 9th Floor, Stamford, CT 06901, or via email to info@CasaDragones.com. Please note that under the Shine the Light law, we are not required to respond to a customer‘s request more than once in a calendar year, nor are we required to respond to any request that is not sent to the mailing address or email address designated above.
3. PROTECTING CHILDREN
Our Site does not target children nor provides products or services for use by children. We do not knowingly collect Personal Information from persons under the legal drinking age (e.g., the legal drinking age in the U.S. is 21). If you are under the legal drinking age for your locality, you may not use our Site.
5. WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
We collect two types of information (“Information”):
- “Personal Information” is information associated with or that can be used to identify a specific individual, such as name, email address, postal address, zip code or telephone number. Our definition of Personal Information does not include information that has been aggregated or modified so that it can no longer be used, whether alone or in combination with other information, to identify a specific person.
- “General Information” is information about an individual’s online activity that, alone, cannot be used to identify him or her, such as browser type, operating system, domain name and the dates/times of Site access.
Personal Information and General Information may be linked together. Different types of General Information also may be linked together and, once linked, used to identify a unique individual.
5. HOW WE COLLECT INFORMATION
You can visit many areas on our Site without having to disclose any Personal Information (except that we may require you to state your date of birth for age-screening purposes prior to entering our Site). However, we do collect and use Personal Information in the following circumstances:
- Electronic Mailing List:We use an electronic mailing list to distribute our electronic newsletters, announcements, notices, marketing and promotional materials, and other communications to users of our Site. To join such mailing list, you will need to provide us with your email address, which we will collect and use for electronic mailing purposes (subject to your right to opt out as described below). Also, from time to time we may include a forwarding button in our electronic mailings to allow you to share the information with friends and/or family members who wish to receive the information (provided that we may limit the number of recipients to whom you can forward and provided further that you may not use forwarding for spamming, harassment, or other unlawful or unauthorized purposes). If a proposed recipient accepts receipt of the information forwarded at your request, we may add that recipient’s email address to our electronic mailing list (subject to his/her right to opt out as described below).
- Email Contacts:If you make an inquiry or request to us via email, we will collect and use your email address and any other information you provide to communicate with you regarding your inquiry or request, and will include your email address on our electronic mailing list.
- Facebook Fan Page, etc.:We may establish a fan page on Facebook and/or other third-party social media sites. To join our Facebook page, you will need to provide certain Personal Information (such as your name and email address) to us. We collect and use such information to communicate and stay in contact with our fans. Also, upon you joining our Facebook page, your email address will be included on our electronic mailing list.
- Online Surveys:From time to time we may conduct online surveys to gather opinions, comments, suggestions, etc. about our Site from our users. Typically, our online surveys may be completed and submitted by users anonymously without disclosing any Personal Information. However, some of our online surveys may ask you to disclose certain Personal Information (such as your name and email address) to us, and if you choose to participate in such a survey, we will collect such Personal Information from you and will include your email address on our electronic mailing list.
- Online Promotions:From time to time we may offer contests, sweepstakes and/or other prize promotions (each a “Promotion”) on our Site. To enter a Promotion, you will need to provide certain Personal Information (such as your name, email address, mailing address, etc.) to us. Personal Information collected will be used to conduct and administer the Promotion, including fulfilling prizes to the winners. Also, upon you entering such a Promotion, your email address will be included on our electronic mailing list.
- Online Transactions:If you engage in an online transaction with us (e.g., an online purchase), we will need to collect certain Personal Information (such as your name, email address, mailing address, and credit card information) from you in order to process, manage and fulfill your transaction, including, without limitation, processing credit card payments for goods that you order from us or any of our agents or vendors, and fulfilling delivery of your order. Also, as a customer, your email address will be included on our electronic mailing list.
6. HOW WE USE TRACKING TOOLS, RESPOND TO DO NOT TRACK AND USE TARGETED ADVERTISING
The Tracking Tools that we may use and how we may use them include:
- [Option: Cookies: A “cookie” is a small text file placed in your web browser directory to store information about your use of our Site. A cookie may be either permanent or temporary. A temporary (or session) cookie is deleted when you close your web browser or turn off your computer. A permanent (or persistent) cookie is stored until deleted.
Cookies help to improve your experience on our Site by, for example, enabling our Site to recognize you when you return to our Site. Cookies placed in your web browser directory by us are called “first party cookies”. Cookies placed in your web browser directory by third parties are called “third party cookies”. A third-party cookie may recognize your computer both when it visits our Site and also when it visits other websites serviced by the same third party providing the cookie. To find out more about cookies, visit www.allaboutcookies.org.]
[Option for interest-based advertising:
- [Option: Web Beacons: “Web Beacons” (a.k.a. clear GIFs, web bugs or pixel tags) are tiny graphic image files imbedded in a web page or email that provide a presence on the web page or email and send back to their home server information from the user’s browser. We may use Web Beacons to collect information about your use of our Site, the websites of selected advertisers and the emails, special promotions or newsletters that we send you. The information collected by Web Beacons allows us to statistically monitor how many people are using our Site.]
- [Option: Website Analytics: We may use third-party website analytics services in connection with our Site, including, for example, to record mouse clicks, mouse movements, scrolling activity and text that you type in to free-form text boxes. These website analytics services generally do not collect Personal Information unless you voluntarily provide it and generally do not track your browsing habits across websites which do not use their services. We use the information collected from these third-party services to help improve and make our Site easier to use.]
- [Option: Mobile Device Identifiers: Mobile device identifiers are files stored on your mobile device that can be used to track your mobile device and data and activities occurring on and through it, as well as the applications installed on it. Mobile device identifiers function like Cookies because they enable collection of Personal Information (such as media access control and location) and Tracking Data. As with other Tracking Tools, mobile device identifiers help us learn more about our users’ demographics and internet behaviors.]
- How We Respond to Browser “Do Not Track” Signals: [Confirm: Some web browsers (including Safari, Internet Explorer, Firefox and Chrome) incorporate a “Do Not Track” (DNT) or similar feature that signals to websites that a visitor does not want to have his/her online activity and behavior tracked. If a website that responds to a particular DNT signal receives the DNT signal, the browser can block that website from collecting certain Personal Information about the browser’s user. Not all browsers offer a DNT option and DNT signals are not yet uniform. For this reason, we and many website operators do not respond to DNT signals. For more information about DNT signals, visit http://allaboutdnt.com.]
- Options for Opting Out of Cookies [and Mobile Device Identifiers]: [Confirm: Some web browsers (including some mobile web browsers) provide settings that allow you to reject Cookies or to alert you when a Cookie is placed on your computer, tablet or mobile device. You may be able to reject mobile device identifiers by activating the appropriate setting on your mobile device. Although you are not required to accept our Cookies or mobile device identifiers, if you block or reject them, you may not have access to all features available through our Site.]
[Option: We support the Self-Regulatory Principles for Online Behavioral Advertising of the Digital Advertising Alliance (“Principles”) by allowing you to exercise choice regarding the collection of information from your mobile device about your application use over time and across third-party applications for interest-based advertising purposes consistent with these Principles.]
You may opt out of receiving certain Cookies and certain trackers by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance (DAA) consumer opt-out page [or the Network Advertising Initiative (NAI) opt out page]. When you use these opt-out features, an “opt-out” Cookie will be placed on your computer or tablet indicating that you do not want to receive interest-based advertising from DAA [or NAI] member companies. If you delete Cookies on your computer or tablet, you may need to opt out again. For information about how to opt out of interest-based advertising on mobile device identifiers, please visit http://www.applicationprivacy.org/expressing-your-behavioral-advertising-choices-on-a-mobile-device.
[Option: Please note that opting out of interest-based advertising does not mean you will no longer see our advertisements; rather, opting out means that the advertisements that you do see are not interest-based advertisements. Also, opting out does not mean that we are no longer using Tracking Tools — we still may collect information about your use of our Site even after you have opted out of interest-based advertisements.]
7. SHARING OF INFORMATION ABOUT YOU WITH THIRD PARTIES
We share your Personal Information with third parties in the following limited circumstances.
- We may employ outside contractors, vendors and service providers to perform services for us or for our Site, and may share your Personal Information with such contractors, vendors and service providers to the extent necessary for them to perform such services. For example, our IT service providers may be given access to your personal information as necessary to perform support or maintenance for the operation of our Site, such as data backup and storage. As another example, an authorized vendor may be given access to your personal information in order to process and fulfill an online purchase you have made with us. We require that our contractors, vendors and service providers limit their use of your Personal Information solely to the purposes for which it was disclosed by us, and that they maintain the confidentiality, security and integrity of such information and not make any further disclosure to others.
8. USER CHOICES
- Update and Correction.If you have an established account with us (whether in the nature of a membership account, a transaction account, or otherwise), you may log into such account at any time to modify, update, correct and delete your Personal Information under the account. However, you understand and acknowledge that deletion of certain Personal Information (e.g., your name and email address) may result in cancellation of your account.
9. LINKS TO THIRD PARTY WEBSITES
We understand the importance of protecting the security and integrity of Personal Information that our users have shared with us. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet and no data storage can be 100% secure. Consequently, while we will endeavor to safeguard your Personal Information against unauthorized access and disclosure, we do not warrant or guarantee the security of any information you transmit to, from or on our Site. We will notify you if we become aware of a breach or suspected breach of the security of your Personal Information stored by or for us.
All credit card information provided by you in connection with an online transaction with our Site will be protected by encryption using the standard Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) protocol, and we do not retain your credit card information after the processing of the transaction is complete.
Information that you post in any public, community or interactive areas on our Site (e.g., chat rooms, bulletin boards, message boards, and discussion groups) will be accessible to and may be collected and used by others and may result in unsolicited or unwanted messages or contact from others. Users of our Site are encouraged to exercise caution when providing Personal Information about themselves in any public, community or interactive areas on our Site.
11. CONTACT US
Casa Dragones Tequila Company
Attn.: Legal Department
One Stamford Plaza
263 Tresser Blvd.
Stamford, CT 06901